AndreBaptiste.com BLOG

The Premier Sports info pages of Trinidad and Tobago in the West Indies. This blog is linked to www.andrebaptiste.com

Saturday, May 26, 2007

TTFF News - Scotland signs with Swansea

Scotland signs new deal with Swansea, May 25, 2007

 

Striker Jason Scotland has agreed to a two year deal with English League One club Swansea City.

 

Currently awaiting a new work permit to make the move over to England, Scotland agreed to the deal after interest from other clubs such as Birmingham City, Hearts, Dundee United, Southend and of late Hibernian.

 

The Welsh based club also includes former T&T English-born defender Kevin Austin and Dennis Lawrence.

 

“I want to say thanks to St Johnstone for showing faith in me and allowing me to part of their plans for the last couple season,” Scotland told TTFF Media. “Without playing there I may not have this chance to move to England. I have always wanted to play in England and now hopefully I can make good use of this opportunity. The manager felt that I could add something to the club and I am looking forward to continuing the kind of form I had in Scotland last season. There will be some kind of change in the game itself but I think I can make that transition and just continue working hard and hopefully bring a lot of goals for Swansea,” he added.

 

Swansea manager Roberto Martinez was delighted to announce the League One club's first new signing since the end of the season.

 

"I'm not surprised that there has been a lot of interest in Jason from a number of clubs, especially as he was due to become a free agent in August," Martinez told the club website.

"Goal-scorers are the most precious commodity in football and I believe we've persuaded a quality striker to join us. Jason Scotland is an exciting player who always entertains and attracts the crowds - and players like that are a rare breed.

 

"He is a striker with all-round ability which will enable him to play in a number of roles that gives us different options.

 

"Jason has a magic touch and can make something happen out of nothing.Jason seems a very reliable character and if he's anything like Dennis he will be disciplined and a model pro. I'm really excited about working with him," Martinez added.

 

 

Shaun Fuentes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home