AndreBaptiste.com BLOG

The Premier Sports info pages of Trinidad and Tobago in the West Indies. This blog is linked to www.andrebaptiste.com

Friday, January 05, 2007

MERYVN DILLON WANTS TO WIN PLACE ON WORLD CUP ONE DAY TEAM

MERVYN DILLON is in and he promises something big will be happening.

The talented but much maligned fast bowler arrived in Barbados yesterday evening with the Trinidad and Tobago team.

He warned the Barbados batsmen to be on the look-out when the two teams meet at the North Stars Club on Thursday.

"I'm in the best form of my life, I'm feeling really good. It's almost frightening ... the batsmen should watch me closely. The ball is coming out really well and I'm quite excited to be in the Trinidad and Tobago team," Dillon said yesterday at the airport.

"I've never played there (North Stars) before but I'm really looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to stepping out on Thursday. Experience definitely counts for something."

The 32-year-old Dillon last played for the West Indies in Australia in early 2005. He believes that a good showing in the regional campaign could see him win back a place in the squad for this year's Cricket World Cup. He has captured 131 wickets in 38 Tests and 130 scalps in 108 One-Day Internationals.

"I have really been looking forward to January. I have what it takes to get back in there. Come this game and the other matches will have a big say in it.

"I don't know how the selectors are thinking in terms of my position, but I can tell you, if the opportunity presents itself for me to play for the West Indies again I will be more than ready."

Trinidad and Tobago have been dominating Barbados in recent encounters. The visitors got the better of the Bajans in the Carib Beer Series last year and also

 

:: www.nationnews.com

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home