AndreBaptiste.com BLOG

The Premier Sports info pages of Trinidad and Tobago in the West Indies. This blog is linked to www.andrebaptiste.com

Friday, February 09, 2007

kochar calls Gayle name now

For the first time after the controversy over the taped conversation between West Indies cricketer, Marlon Samuels and bookie Mukesh Kochar came to fore, Times Now had an exclusive chat with the man at the center of this scandal. Mukesh Kochar spoke for the first time on the channel on February 8.

 

Q: What is your reaction to the whole controversy and all the revelations?

 

I am not a bookie; I am a businessman. I have been living in Gulf for last 25-years & I am in Dubai since last 22-years. Whatever news & information you have highlighted is not correct. Marlon Samuels is like a son to me and I advised him to perform well. I wanted him to come up like Chris Gayle. He is a good batsman & a wicket-taker. I wished him good luck hoping that he performs well and comes up to the mark for World Cup 2007.

 

Q: This is very detailed information in the transcript; Why were you asking which overs will he bowl. Who all would be bowling?

 

In any game first five-overs are always bowled by fast bowlers even if the change overs is there it is always the other one. So I told him that whether you come in on the 16th over or 18th over try and give as little runs as possible. Try to perform well. You are a good all-rounder consolidate your position in the team and remain there.

 

Q: Why were you keen to know who else will bat at what order?

 

You said that there are few new players in the team who are making their debut but I am not aware of them. Sometimes he comes at number five or number one position. I just said that where ever you come even if you have to waste a couple of balls it doesn't make a difference. Don't throw away your wicket try to score as much as possible.

 

Q: There is also reference to Robinson or Robin Singh?

 

I really don't know what you are talking about Robinson or Robin Singh. I don't know anybody of this name. And no one of this name is involved.

 

Q: You have been under suspicion, why is it so?

 

If I am talking to you, I won't know if my phone is being tapped. The call came from my friend Samuels and I returned the call in a five-star hotel. If they don't pick the call or disconnect the phone, it is understood that something is going to be nasty. But I am not concerned, my heart is clear I'm not involved in it.

 

Q: In your conversation who were you referring to as 'CHRIS''?

 

Yes, he is Chris Gayle. I have told him you should play like Chris who is a successful batsman. I told him only one thing, whenever you play just consolidate your position. Play well for yourself so that you are selected for the World Cup.

 

Q: Did you meet Samuels or Chris Gayle after the Nagpur ODI?

 

No

 

WWW.INDIANTIMES.COM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home